“Our life is composed greatly from dreams, from the unconscious, and they must be brought into connection with action. They must be woven together.”
Watching the potter demonstrate her skill at the NC State Fair last Friday has had me thinking about how much I miss the feel of clay between my fingers .. pottery offers this raw connection to the earth that I have yet to find in another artsy endeavor. I will find a way to work this back into my life.
Speaking of things I missed...
Can I just say that I am so, so very happy to see y'all jumping in on the project Susan Tuttle & I dubbed 'Echo' ? It does my heart good, it feels wonderful to be connecting with y'all again. Besides, it is so fascinating to see how different people, view one theme, one prompt....how we all can end up somewhere different from the same starting point. I just can't get enough of it! Hoping even more of you will share your views as well. If you haven't, read all about it here.
In the meantime, visit the wonderful folks sharing this journey with us as well:
- Me - The first diptych between Susan & I.
- Susan Tuttle - My partner on this project, our other diptych.
- Shona Cole + a second post! & Shannon Mucha - A dynamic, emerging duo
- Donna Cook - Emerging from the mist
- Brenda Wampler - Emerging Nature
- Michele Beschen - When the unexpected emerges
- Wendy Burton - Emerging into the light
- Shona & Shannon team up for a 3rd duo!
- Tricia Scott - Emerging possibilities
- DJ Petit - Emerging silence
- Deryn Mentock - Emerging potential
- Wondrous Strange is looking to emerge with a partner ..is it you?
- Diane Cook -Emerges beyond
- Colette - Discovering the emergence of self & love here
- Alyice Edrich - Emerging from isolation
- Lani Puppetmaker - Emerge, Now
- Vintage Rose Studio
- Jen White & Misty Mawn
- Brenda Lynn
- Sandra Ludwig
I know some of you would like to work with someone as well on this project... why not reach out to someone who is already participating? It just may give you a chance to connect with someone too. Whatcha got to lose?
Please, keep your echoes coming! I receive so much pleasure from not only seeing them but sharing your work as well. Remember, just link to your post in the comments to be included in the list above - I will update it frequently.
Next Wednesday, we will be sharing our next prompt.... see you there.