The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
I could have titled this post:
How I'll save you approximately $1825.00 this year
(specifically for those who also attend The Church of Starbucks)
If you dislike Iced Coffee Drinks, we can't be friends.
(however, i knew I'd never stick to it, you are after all, pretty cool.)
Instead I went with the tried, the true... the terribly terrific tempting...
(this post is sponsored by the letter t, not to be confused with tea, coffee's mortal enemy. or something.)
the absolute BEST iced mocha & frappe recipe, ever.
So maybe it isn't the best ... like, ever. But hey it very well may be. Frankly, it's pretty darned good -if I do say so myself. Dontcha know I am widely recognized across the universe as an iced mocha connoisseur? But shhhhhhhh ...I try to keep that under wraps as the paparazzi is positively vicious.
Anyway, back to the world's greatest Iced Mocha, Frappe type drink thingie. I attribute it's greatness to my sheer genius in the kitchen, the secret ingredient.
We'll save that for later.
So here's what you'll need errrr .. what I use.
A VERY, VERY sad side note: In an ideal world, I would have a metabolism that would allow me to indulge in whatever sugar filled, calorie hogging, waistline adding treat I wanted. However, in the world I reside in, all I have to do is merely look at food and I gain 10 pounds instantly. No really, I do. T r a g i c.
< insert moment of silence here >
I spent considerable time trying to come up with a recipe that used low-cal, low-fat ingredients ... but didn't skimp on the taste. If your waistline is more forgiving, go for the real thing!
- Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Frappe Maker or use a blender & coffee maker; but this is MUCH easier.
- 1/2ish cup water
- Coffee Filter
- Millstone Chocolate Velvet Ground Coffee
- Hershey's Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup
- Ice to the 'fill' line on the frappe maker. (2ish cups)
- Sugar or Splenda
- Skim Milk
- Copco Sierra Cold Tumbler, 24-Ounce Capacity, Brown
- The Secret Ingredient - Or This (it tastes better than the other)
- 4-5 minutes of time
- A Spoon - I use the larger one in that set. I have no idea how much it holds.
How To Take Your Tastebuds to Heaven:
Prepare to be awed by how precise my measurements are!
- Place cofee filter in the area coffee filters go. (see how good i am at this?)
- Add water to the fill line - about half a cup.
- Place 3 heaping spoonfulls of coffee into the filter. Approx. 3-4 tablespoons.
- Add ice to the fill line in the pitcher. About 2 cups.
- Squeeze chocolate syrup from bottle over ice, make 3 full circles and a dab extra. About 3 tablespoonsish.
- Add 2 cap-fulls of The Secret Ingredient or 1 lid full of This.
- Slowly pour 2 big splashes of Skim Milk. 1/4th - 1/3rd of a cup-ish.
- Add 3 heaping spoonfuls of sugar or splenda. Add an extra if your sweet tooth is twitching or you're in dire need of a sugar high.
- Lock up the pitcher. Double check it so there is no mess.
- Power that baby on & wait the 3 minutes until it's complete.
- Pour into your feels-like-i'm-at-a-coffee-house-tumbler.
- Hide from the kids. The spouse. They'll try to steal it.
- Savor the taste.
- Savor it some more.
- Take a moment to thank me quietly in your head for such an orgasmic coffee experience.
- Savor it a bit longer.
- Well, not that long - it'll melt.
- Your spouse & kids are probably wondering where you went now.
- Tempting as it is to stay away, you must go back to them; at least now you'll be armed with caffeine.
Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll have another coffee. ~Author Unknown
Want a regular Iced Mocha? I enjoy this stuff tremendously. Just pour 2 shots with 8ozish of skim milk, add ice, sugar to taste & stir!
Sorry I can't stick around, I need to go make myself the absolute BEST iced mocha & frappe recipe, ever. Quality checks are important after all.